Thrifting highlight: Judy Greene's pottery

 

So, I have been thrifting this weekend and here is the haul.









Judy Greene pottery. Its from her Connemara range. Here is her website:

https://judygreene.wixsite.com/galway


Now, on closer inspection I am not actually sure that the plate is Judy's although the glazes and colors are so similar. The incised mark on the plate is different than on the mug. But they go well together and I like their rustic look a lot. So, plate still remains a bit of the mystery.


Bracelet and necklace


Lady in the charity shop said it is graphite bead set. I never heard of graphite before...but it has dark grey and metallic look to it. 


Sure looks like it. Also...what I know about natural stone jewelry is that natural stone feels cold to touch and this one surely feels cold. This jewelry set gives me modernist, futurist vibes.




This metal candleholder brought smile to my face instantly. It is produced in Sweden by "Bengt and Lotta". I was so glad to find this and learn that items are firstly graphic designed and then product created. This candleholder is small but at their online shop it costs 30 EUR. I got it for 3 EUR. Happy days.

Here is their website: https://www.bengt-lotta.se/about











And now the books.
"Race to The End" . This is a wonderful book put together by Ross D.E. MacPhee and as you see it is all about the conquering of South Pole by Amundsen and Scott. It was enough for me to see that this book was sold in American Museum of Natural History, so I grabbed it quick. I havent read it yet but browsed quickly.
 There seem to be a lot of pictures of old documents related to those expeditions. 









The other books is a Blue Guide series book "Sites of Antiquity" by Charles Freeman. Although I like to go archaeological sites but I have to tell that one have to have really good imagination to understand what remains on site and put it to context. Therefor it is important in my opinion to learn about these sites before going there from books or watching documentaries. Looking forward to read this book as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charity shop haul

Houston Llew

Galway Potters Market 2023