Skip to main content

Thrifting highlight: Judy Greene's pottery

 

So, I have been thrifting this weekend and here is the haul.









Judy Greene pottery. Its from her Connemara range. Here is her website:

https://judygreene.wixsite.com/galway


Now, on closer inspection I am not actually sure that the plate is Judy's although the glazes and colors are so similar. The incised mark on the plate is different than on the mug. But they go well together and I like their rustic look a lot. So, plate still remains a bit of the mystery.


Bracelet and necklace


Lady in the charity shop said it is graphite bead set. I never heard of graphite before...but it has dark grey and metallic look to it. 


Sure looks like it. Also...what I know about natural stone jewelry is that natural stone feels cold to touch and this one surely feels cold. This jewelry set gives me modernist, futurist vibes.




This metal candleholder brought smile to my face instantly. It is produced in Sweden by "Bengt and Lotta". I was so glad to find this and learn that items are firstly graphic designed and then product created. This candleholder is small but at their online shop it costs 30 EUR. I got it for 3 EUR. Happy days.

Here is their website: https://www.bengt-lotta.se/about











And now the books.
"Race to The End" . This is a wonderful book put together by Ross D.E. MacPhee and as you see it is all about the conquering of South Pole by Amundsen and Scott. It was enough for me to see that this book was sold in American Museum of Natural History, so I grabbed it quick. I havent read it yet but browsed quickly.
 There seem to be a lot of pictures of old documents related to those expeditions. 









The other books is a Blue Guide series book "Sites of Antiquity" by Charles Freeman. Although I like to go archaeological sites but I have to tell that one have to have really good imagination to understand what remains on site and put it to context. Therefor it is important in my opinion to learn about these sites before going there from books or watching documentaries. Looking forward to read this book as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Last week thrifting finds

  This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops.  One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights . Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting. Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous. Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze. Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs . Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop.  Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor. ...