Skip to main content

Last week thrifting finds

 

This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops. 



One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights. Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting.

Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous.








Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze.







Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs. Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop. 

Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor.

https://www.casadecor.co.in/pages/about-us

Beautiful items. There was this beautiful painted cabinet under their furniture stock...oooh, so lovely!




As usual I am always looking out for coffee table books.
This time I found " The Guest List". UK's most stylish hotels and fabulous restaurants. It covers all areas I am interested in. I used to work for 4 years in 4* hotel and 8 years in 5* hotel. The salary was crap for the front desk administrator but me loving beautiful surroundings...I just loved to work at Tallinn Old Town 14 century building 5* Hotel. Hotel Schlössle. https://www.schlosslehotel.com/boutique-hotels-tallinn/ Hotels and restaurants have always fabulous interior design and gourmet food. 

I could visit some in my next UK trip. Although...specially restaurants are not often very long lived it is tough to keep hospitality business on float and profitable for very long term. That's why the owners are changing often. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guest-List-AA-Illustrated-Reference/dp/0749549165


Kelly and Grace top

Love the pale yellow and the pop of blue and red on this blouse print. Fabric feels silky to touch and the lacy rim accents gives very romantic and feminine vibe.

Bonus is it does not wrinkle...so perfect for take to travels.












I think this original oil painting it is my favorite from this week haul. Look how charming! I cant see signature front or back but the frame in the back is sealed so that makes me think it is vintage. The frame fits it perfectly and the flowers are divine in a porcelain shoe vase. Looove 💖



Today is Saturday and I am off to spend weekend in Co.Wateford. Of course I pop in to some charity shops. Exciting! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...