Skip to main content

Could this be Murano lamp? Epic thrifting




OMG. I loooove this lamp that I found at charity shop. It is not signed but it is European origin because of its EU plug...looking at the cord and switch it looks vintage 50s, 60s. I did Google Image search and 2 options...one almost identical was sold in the past at Poshmark and titeled as Murano. Sadly didnt saw the price it was sold for. Other similar lamp picture came up and said it was Polish origin. If its Murano...Wow. I consider it Epic find anyway because its so beautiful how those blue and green swirls show from white glass when it is lit up. Photo does not do it justice.


Other art glass find on same day. Cute and beautiful color small Mdina glass bud vase.  https://www.mdinaglass.com.mt/en/aboutus/aboutus/1/about-mdina-glass.htm.

Then I found this amazing coffee table book "The Painted House" by Graham Rust. He is a master of wall murals...so the book shows his designs. They are AMAZING. Found interesting video from YouTube https://youtu.be/zb3nO5krsAw?si=WWl1gwAGjbpeOuar

Tall, sturdy, blue glaze, quality pottery vase by Colm de Ris with celtic pattern. https://colmderis.ie/pages/about-colm-de-ris

And last find of that thrifting day was this "Mary Poppins" bag. I like its look and perfect size for weekend getaway trip. So, was this my this year first and last EPIC find thrift. I do hope it is not last! But I am happy!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Last week thrifting finds

  This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops.  One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights . Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting. Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous. Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze. Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs . Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop.  Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor. ...