Skip to main content

Thrifting artsy stuff and fabulous Albert Hadley book


 This haul consist stuff from different charity shop finds that I have popped in on different days.

The book is from the day when book gods smiled at me in one charity shop. I think I bought four coffee table books from that shop on one go. I will spread them in between blog posts to keep a variety of items.


These Keith Haring canvas trainers are very cool looking and on closer research I believe them to be Primark collection.

I don't think they are worth a big deal but anything artsy...I like.


https://www.primark.com/en-ie/a/inspiration/fashion-trends/keith-haring-spring-collection

Thomas Ferguson's Irish Linen production history goes back to 1845. That is incredible in itself.

The linen produce is finest in the World!

It just screams quality. Bonus is Celtic pattern. Of course I crabbed it. Never used, still packed. Fabulous!

https://fergusonsirishlinen.com/pages/about-us


These framed artsy tiles show seashells and are perfect for decorating bathroom.

I am not sure what company they are made by as I see on internet them sold as home decor, I am guessing no big value there but cuteness and charm value. That matters more than money. 





These earrings are plastic but I love the yellow accent color in otherwise neutral design. 

It reminds me 1990s and I was in my 20s then. Prime age and prime earrings.







This bronze sculpture figurine caught my eye. It is heavy and on the marble base. It is not signed. So I did Google Lens search and got AI answer that it could be by Dutch sculptor Astrid Veldhuysen Koppen. But I don't believe that is the case. Her works seem to be a bit different to me. 

Since it is not signed, I believe it to be home decor figure.

But cool piece anyway for art lover.





This coffee table interior designer book is absolutely fabulous and in pristine condition. It has cost 65 USD. I got it for 2 EUR.

Amazing! In addition thanks to that book I learned about Rizzoli New Your Publisher. They publish amazing art and lifestyle, interior design books! I want them. The hunt is on!

https://www.rizzoliusa.com/future-publications/

Sadly Albert Hadley is no longer with us. Born in 1920 he passed 2012. This book is amazing and shows his designed rooms and sketches that are very inspiring. He is considered as one of the most important American designers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Hadley













                                                                       

         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Last week thrifting finds

  This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops.  One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights . Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting. Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous. Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze. Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs . Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop.  Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor. ...