Skip to main content

Anna Glodek

I was excied and happy to find this painting and even afford it.


Here is what seller wrote about her:

Here is a beautiful, eye-catching painting by Maryland artist Anna Glodek.  It is framed and although the sticker says 8" by 10", it is NOT it is actually bigger at 13" by 10" and the painting itself is larger than 8x10.  I believe this was painted in the early 2000's when she was showing in local galleries around Maryland.   These photos really do not do justice to the art. It has a wonderful, heavy texture.  The painting itself is in excellent condition with no damage. The The simple metal frame has a couple small scratches.  

This is a real gem of a painting.


Links:

http://articles.herald-mail.com/2008-05-08/news/25159527_1_exhibit-accidental-artist-valley-art-association

http://kensingtonpaintingexhibition.blogspot.ie/

I really would like to see more of her work. In addition I got idea from her to create my own initials monogram and use when signing my paintigs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Thrifting and finding some fabulous items

  Here are my this week findings.  Childrens Book: "Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide to The Fantastical World Around you". I have only heard about this book series but it is after my childhood. I fell for the illustrations...as soon I opened the book to browse my jaw dropped. That's how beautiful it is. The book writer is Holly Black and illustrator Tony DiTerlizzi.  https://blackholly.com/   https://diterlizzi.com/ https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/277187.Arthur_Spiderwick_s_Field_Guide_to_the_Fantastical_World_Around_You This book is designed so beautifully, some pages can be unfolded to bigger format pictures...it describes fantastic creatures and the illustrations of them are amazing. What a fabulous find with 3 EURs.  I am thinking to watch The Spiderwick Chronicles movie now...and as I looked into it there is also TV series that I was not aware. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16026032/?ref_=fn_all_ttl_2 Then I came across this Atlas of Wine.  It is abo...