Skip to main content

Charity shop haul

 

Here you see a picture of charity shop finds from my last hunting. It is a good representation of my taste. And I can't believe that I found all these from one shop. 

Framed print. 

I have no clue who the artist is. It is signed but I cant read out the name. I don't know...it appealed to me. I find it quirky and cool. Its large, so it makes a statement in the room. 

The vase with flowers.

Pottery, pottery, ceramics. My current obsession. I am so attracted to ceramic. Texture, glazes and a fact that it is handmade. The vase with flowers is by Suzanne May, Irish Dublin based ceramic artist.

About her 

Her workmanship quality equals with another great Irish potters like Louis Mulcahy and Colm DeRis. Although I love it, I listed it at my Ebay Shop as I collect money to buy myself a home.

 Bowl

 Bowl is not signed but I liked it rustic rough look and it gives me artsy vibes. I've been using it and find it good size for soup and I also had grapes served from there.

Pitcher

Look at the color of the glaze. Amazing turquoise color...like looking into Caribbean seas. Its stamped Doolin but I am not 100% sure if it is made in Doolin Cave Pottery or it is vintage peace and made some other potter in Doolin. One could use this pitcher as a vase or really serve drinks from it.

Pillow

I love anything nicely embroidered. Grabbed it fast. It is Ikea pillow cover "Alvine Flora" pattern. It looks fabulous.

Very pleased with my haul. Ohhh...it's getting addictive ( thrifting ).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Last week thrifting finds

  This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops.  One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights . Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting. Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous. Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze. Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs . Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop.  Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor. ...