Thrifting Charity shop haul

 

Here I have another days thrifting haul. When I visited that charity shop, there seemed to be a lot of people in, yet these items were sitting there, people passing by. I don't know if this means that I have completely different taste from other people or they are looking some more useful household items. 

I am looking items of visual beauty and artistry. 





The Blue Bowl by Hilary Jenkinson from Crannmor Pottery, Co.Wicklow

I think I have seen her selling at annual Galway Potters Market.

She's been doing pottery for decades. By having first workshop opening in Cong, Co.Mayo in 1994. Currently she is in Crannmore and this bowl comes from there.

https://www.crannmorpottery.com/

I love the cobalt blue and black swirl combo. Little wave on the rim gives this bowl more interest. I gives me a bit of dramatic vibe. I bet anything would look fabulous served from it. Oranges, yes, oranges

would create even more

dramatic contrast.
 




Next up are these two fabulous Ballyelland Pottery, Co.Wexford vases. 

The color of the glaze is just beautiful turquise mixed with green. They have a wavy rim adorned with wine or ivy leaves.

MS stands for Mairead Stafford.

When looking her up on the internet you can find her studio be participating in Wexford Art Trail that introduces and promotes local craft. Here is nice description of her and her workshop.

https://wexfordtrails.ie/Directory/ballyelland-pottery/

It really makes me want to visit there. 

 

These vases are signed in the bottom about some

Congress happening there in 2014.

I am guessing these were gift or award for participants.

And I purchased them from Co.Clare...so they have

had a interesting journey already and this journey continues.




This ceramic pomegranate is not signed but the layered different color glaze on it is mesmerizing and it is really well done.

And finally I also picked up a book "A Year at The Chateau" by Dick and Angel Strawbridge. 

I think I have seen few episodes in UKs Channel 4. Looking forward to read about their journey of restoring run down Chateau to former glory.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charity shop haul

Houston Llew

Galway Potters Market 2023