Fashionable thrifting haul

 

This haul on the picture is from Charity Shop where I usually don't find much but this time stars aligned. I don't know how sometimes you just fall into the "finding items mode" that you like.

Two interior decorating books. I get a lot of inspiration to buy items from these books. Those help you to develop an ability to visualize how something might look in the interior and what style or vibe that specific decor item helps to create in the room.

"The Thrifty Decorator " by Jocasta Innes. 

This book really gives detailed instructions how to do something (using sponge or plastic for painting surfaces, stenciling ) like upcycleing or how to do blinds and other textiles etc.

"Design and Decorate Interiors " by Lesley Taylor

Here you can get tips on how to create certain styles ( like rustic country cottage style etc ) and book helps you to achieve certain look that you fancy. 

Then we have a XL format Taschen Publisher book curated by Terry Jones of the Japan's Luxury Fashion icon Yohji Yamamoto. As soon I noticed that book, you can imagine me grabbing it fast. And I was grabbing it fast only based by the photo on the cover and the fact that I read Taschen as a publisher. Had I heard about this designer before? No. Have I seen this Taschen book series before? No. The book is amazing! Beautiful photos in the book. And now I know the designer and I like his style and admire anyone who is a success in our world based on their creativity. I mean...I could not afford to buy this book from retail.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yohji-Yamamoto-Terry-Jones/dp/383653889X

His latest Fashion Show on YouTube

What a find!

Ceramic tile

It's ceramic and it has wonderful glaze and it is artsy. I needed to grab it and I am telling you, this little tile does add to artsy vibe in my kitchen...because when I am not using it as a coaster, it stands against the wall and its not alone...I have another three ceramic tiles giving it a company. Small collection there more to come when ever I encounter any.


 Pottery pitcher

 This dark red glazed pitcher is signed "Autumn Pottery". This is new pottery to me.

Google helps. Artist is Christine Courtney. She's pottery seem to be in Loughrea, Co.Galway

https://ie.linkedin.com/in/christine-courtney-50539a52 

I love the dark red glaze, don't see it very often.

Silver necklace

Its not real silver..only silver color and I dont know what material it is. Maybe aluminium? But this necklace is something I never seen before...it is made of links so you can actually mold it yourself to shape you want. It really is something that someone could wear on fashion show. Well...I am not wearing it on fashion show but in real life and everyone's eyes are locked on it. I've got a lot of compliments.


For the last I got Mantaray dress. Fab print and cotton fabric, fits perfectly.

If I am not mistaken then Mantaray clothing range was commissioned by Debenhams. I always liked the style and this particular dress has no signs of ware, tags are crisp.

Happy days!


 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charity shop haul

Houston Llew

Galway Potters Market 2023