Skip to main content

Car boot sale haul. Second EPIC find this year.

For some reason majority of car boot sales are held in Sundays. 

On that Sunday morning I was torn - " Go, or not to go" I asked myself while sipping my morning coffee. It was already later morning and one of the reason I thought not to go was because of that. "Good" items have already been grabbed. And it is 45 mins drive.

But, I went.

I am glad that I went!

There was not many car's, maximum 15 sellers...but what I got, I like. And the orangy-red bowl. EPIC! I love it so, so much.  And it's flawless. When I noticed this one, It was hard to hide my excitement. "What you know of this bowl "? I asked. "Oh, It is from Ballycasey Craft and Design Centre in Shannon" she answered. There was another lady listening and asking " Is the pottery still there, operating "? " I don't know that" seller said.

Funnily, I live in Shannon. And I've been to Ballycasey Craft and Design Centre and the pottery or its shop is no longer there. I grabbed the bowl - it is big, very big and it is heavy and it felt oh so good in the hands. There was sticker remaining from the seller. Still not showing my inner shaking " How much you want for it" ? I asked. "10 - these ones cost a lot - about 80 EUR or more" she added". Very quickly...I said " I'll take it". Listen, you wont start haggle about the price...when you are said 10 for this bowl. In my opinion it is 200 EUR worth if not more, piece of art.

It's mine now! It fits 3 kg of oranges. I tested. And you could fit more. That's how big it is and the glaze - amazing.

Back home with my treasure I made research. Sticker says "Sylvia's Ceramics". There is no other marks on the pottery, so I am so glad that sticker remains...otherwise it would have been so hard to find info about this peace.

This EPIC bowl is by Silvia Nannig. I only found picture about one other art peace of hers and it looks amazing as well. It is also big and bold. From what I've seen - I love her style.

The candle holder 


 
She is vintage, metal (maybe brass) and from Russia. I could tell as soon I saw it based on head peace and traditional clothing style. Google lens gives results very well too. Mine seem to have lost tangles that adorned the below head peace rim. I don't mind. I like it's shape and stile very much.








Yellow vases

And then I found these two unusual yellow vases. I like anything unusual. It has a saucer as a flower and the vase would make a flower heart. The have designer made look to them. Sadly, one of the saucers is broken but seller kept the broken off peace. And she asked only 2 EUR for both of them. Yes, please. I might try kintsugi repair on broken one or I might use it in some of my future art projects (mosaic maybe). It is so nice and bright yellow color ceramics.


So conclusion of this trip I made on that Sunday. One needs to go out there and hunt!


 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Last week thrifting finds

  This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops.  One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights . Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting. Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous. Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze. Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs . Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop.  Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor. ...