Skip to main content

Naiva Bratislava 2023 and Lucia Strassner Fabianová sculpture

 Naiva Bratislava was held this year from 03rd of
June to 22nd of June in PRIMACIALNY PALAC that you can see on the photo. Very grand building indeed. I was lucky enough to participate in this exhibition with two of my paintings and I went there for opening ceremony.

It was half an hour ceremony where traditional Slovak songs were sang.

Very lovely.






My two paintings are on the below left corner.

"Armadillo" and "Dawn and Dusk"

If I remember correctly dog paintings are by Slovak artist, and rest of the paintings in this photo are Finnish artists.

I think it is now already 5th year that this exhibition takes place. Artist are participating from all over the world, incl Africa continent.

The main event of this trip for me was of course above exhibition vernissage but I also explored around Bratislava and among other things visiting different art galleries.

So, great discovery for me this time in Bratislava was Magis Art Gallery.

It is located a 15min drive out of town center. I took a Bolt car...just downloaded the Bolt application and ordered a nearby car providing the service. And it was cheap...considering that I asked driver to wait me. I think he waited approximately 20 minutes.And it costed me like 12 EUR return trip. 

So, why did I go there. Because I found gallery first from Google maps and from there galleries website https://www.magishop.sk/ the art represented in there is to my taste. I came back with the sculpture.

 First of, the lady owner is super friendly and passionate about her art. We talked a lot and found things in common and similar taste. Next time I need to let taxi driver go and spend longer time in there.
How I would have wanted to by these papier mache sculptures on the photo but I needed to choose ad I chose ceramic sculpture called Eugiene by Slovak artist Lucia Strassner Fabianova.
I love him...full of character and some sort of alien rawness.

He is now part of my art collection and I love it.

There was another interesting place that I discovered in town center just passing by. Local designers shop. Beautiful items sold in there and worth to buy when visiting. Designer items are always valuable.

Link to their website: https://www.rajon.sk/

 Below few photos from around city. Bratislava is definitely worth a visit!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Thrifting and finding some fabulous items

  Here are my this week findings.  Childrens Book: "Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide to The Fantastical World Around you". I have only heard about this book series but it is after my childhood. I fell for the illustrations...as soon I opened the book to browse my jaw dropped. That's how beautiful it is. The book writer is Holly Black and illustrator Tony DiTerlizzi.  https://blackholly.com/   https://diterlizzi.com/ https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/277187.Arthur_Spiderwick_s_Field_Guide_to_the_Fantastical_World_Around_You This book is designed so beautifully, some pages can be unfolded to bigger format pictures...it describes fantastic creatures and the illustrations of them are amazing. What a fabulous find with 3 EURs.  I am thinking to watch The Spiderwick Chronicles movie now...and as I looked into it there is also TV series that I was not aware. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16026032/?ref_=fn_all_ttl_2 Then I came across this Atlas of Wine.  It is abo...