Naiva Bratislava 2023 and Lucia Strassner Fabianová sculpture

 Naiva Bratislava was held this year from 03rd of
June to 22nd of June in PRIMACIALNY PALAC that you can see on the photo. Very grand building indeed. I was lucky enough to participate in this exhibition with two of my paintings and I went there for opening ceremony.

It was half an hour ceremony where traditional Slovak songs were sang.

Very lovely.






My two paintings are on the below left corner.

"Armadillo" and "Dawn and Dusk"

If I remember correctly dog paintings are by Slovak artist, and rest of the paintings in this photo are Finnish artists.

I think it is now already 5th year that this exhibition takes place. Artist are participating from all over the world, incl Africa continent.

The main event of this trip for me was of course above exhibition vernissage but I also explored around Bratislava and among other things visiting different art galleries.

So, great discovery for me this time in Bratislava was Magis Art Gallery.

It is located a 15min drive out of town center. I took a Bolt car...just downloaded the Bolt application and ordered a nearby car providing the service. And it was cheap...considering that I asked driver to wait me. I think he waited approximately 20 minutes.And it costed me like 12 EUR return trip. 

So, why did I go there. Because I found gallery first from Google maps and from there galleries website https://www.magishop.sk/ the art represented in there is to my taste. I came back with the sculpture.

 First of, the lady owner is super friendly and passionate about her art. We talked a lot and found things in common and similar taste. Next time I need to let taxi driver go and spend longer time in there.
How I would have wanted to by these papier mache sculptures on the photo but I needed to choose ad I chose ceramic sculpture called Eugiene by Slovak artist Lucia Strassner Fabianova.
I love him...full of character and some sort of alien rawness.

He is now part of my art collection and I love it.

There was another interesting place that I discovered in town center just passing by. Local designers shop. Beautiful items sold in there and worth to buy when visiting. Designer items are always valuable.

Link to their website: https://www.rajon.sk/

 Below few photos from around city. Bratislava is definitely worth a visit!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charity shop haul

Houston Llew

Galway Potters Market 2023