One Saturday haul


 Irish towns are mostly very charming. Clonmel is one of them. I've been there multiple times, recently because there five charity shops. You are bound to find at least something and yes, I never returned empty handed. So, here is one Saturday's charity shop haul.

Camembert plate

Porcelain plate by BIA - there is actually a set of 4 cheese plates. Unfortunately I only found one but I love the graphics and I will use it for eating all sorts...not only cheese.

Necklace

Wow, that necklace is something else. It is a definite eye catcher but at the same time it is not too over the top and that's why love it. 

Pottery vase


 
I like its roughness. It has a seal kind of incised mark of an apple (or heart )and unreadable text on the edges. But Google Lens helped me out and I found that it is by PotSmiths Pottery that is in Co.Donegal at Ray Cottage.

Sadly, I cant find more info about the main potter there or their story but from what I see on Google Images, they have very interesting style. 

Green bottle

I liked this bottle shape and color and I think it is a old whiskey bottle.  

Blue pottery mug

"Seen, Heard, Valued" text and a lotus flower picture on the mug indicate to me that it might have come from some Yoga Studio. It has initials and 2022 written down bottom but I have to yet to research if I find something. 

Hand built pottery owl figurine 

This owl is fantastic, I love it. It is not signed but someone has taken a lot of time to make it. All its "feathers" seem to be individually attached. Very good work, even its someones home project. That would make it very nice folk art peace.

There are two other charming towns in Clonmel vicinity - Cashel and Cahir that both are worth visiting.

During Covid one lady decided to move back to Ireland from France and open a art gallery at her hometown. So the Cahir Arts Gallery (link https://cahirarts.com/ )was opened. She has a lot of ceramics and glass for sale. On my way home I stopped there and could not leave without buying something.

I bought " Irish Ceramics" book. No regrets what so ever...I am constantly browsing this one. Its a very good overview of current contemporary ceramic artists and their work.

When I was browsing that book I came across an artist who has a very unique style and I realized that I actually had a look at one of her peace in charity shop. Then that sculptural vase looked very odd to me and I left that behind.Ohh...how I regret it now, when I learned more about her. Well..Clonmel is about 50 km from me. I do plan to go there again as there will be ceramics exhibition at Cahir Arts Gallery that I want to see but I am pretty convinced that the vase is gone by then. We will see.

And as you can see I bought a lovely artsy ceramic necklace by Tinderbox Ceramics link https://tinderboxceramics.bigcartel.com/

I think it was a very successful Saturday.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charity shop haul

Houston Llew

Galway Potters Market 2023