Skip to main content

Visited two charity shops

I just recently found out that great way to promote your blog is over Feedspot and you can find other people thrifting blogs there too.

Look:

https://blog.feedspot.com/thrifting_blogs/?feedid=5625890 

Below is my charity shop thrifting haul.

Large dinner plate or serving plate is by Michael Kennedy. I've collected many of his peaces in the past. 

Look at Gallery Zozimus description of him. I love that Ram sculpture in there. 

https://galleryzozimus.ie/artists/michael-kennedy/

 

 

 

Green teapot 

I totally fell for this charming tea pot. It has faint incised initials and one other marking under bottom of teapot and there is tiny heart shaped incise on the lid.

I think I read 1/2 and PT as initials. But yet to continue research who is it by.

I like the the glaze has some speckles in it...I like it shape. It has a very good feel to it. 






Celtic motifs ceramic candle holder

I think Clara Craft is business that sells under Royal Tara 

They do everything with celtic motifs...bugs, bowls...you name it. 

 https://www.royal-tara.com/collections/clara-crafts

I have to tell it is pretty spectacular, photo does not do justice to actual peace.







This container is from Carraig Donn Eclectic collection.

I was drawn to the pattern. It is lovely.

 https://www.carraigdonn.com/collections/eclectic-collection 

Established in 1965, Carraig Donn is Ireland’s premier retailer of Fashion, Jewellery and Giftware products.  






Then I found these Villeroy & Boch New Wave Manga coffee cups and saucers.

Saucers are not part of this Manga collection. The mugs are slightly different in size as well.

I found out:

Villeroy & Boch NewWave Caffé Manga was produced from 2005 to 2006. So, it is discontinued. 

I think they are cool.



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Last week thrifting finds

  This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops.  One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights . Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting. Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous. Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze. Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs . Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop.  Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor. ...