Skip to main content

Great haul mix of everything

 

This haul is from one charity shop, I call my honey hole :) 

I got two tops, very nice quality silky material.

Not worn, probably donated by retailers.



I specially love this AVOCA Anthology top. The pattern reminds me 1970s illustrations. The material is silky to touch and it does not wrinkle. The decolte is beautifully done. What a great find with bargain price when retail price I could not afford.

AVOCA is a big name in Ireland. Business has started off as weavers mainly working on wool items but now it gas grown to every possible area:

Avoca Design, Avoca Bakery, Avoca Bakers, Food Markets...just name it. Take a look at their website:

https://www.avoca.com/en





This top is from V by Very

It seem to be UK company having their own brand but at their website they retails other brands too.

https://www.very.co.uk/

 I like the patters and the contrast of black and salmon pink.

I have now worn it at +34C and it is great since the air floats under and you wont sweat as much 😆😅

 

 

 

                                                               

Got these books, hopefully are interesting.

I have not read yet.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6287290-altar-of-eden

and

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Peggy-Guggenheim-Life-Art-Addict/dp/0006531350

I can relate with Peggy's art addiction.


 Lovely color, size and embroidery on this tote bag by Carolyn Donnely Eclectic range designing home ware for Dunnes Stores chain.

Brand new not worn.

https://www.dunnesstores.com/c/home/our-brands/carolyn-donnelly-eclectic


 




                                                                

I loved the look of this mug. Its a bit wonky and rustic looking. Size is a perfect for hot chocolate...it has wide opening so perfect for marshmallows.







This medium size vase is wonderful pottery and signed underneath initials and  '95 

If I am not mistaken the it is vintage Louis Mulcah

https://louismulcahy.com/

I love to find signed pottery.

 

All in all...a very nice haul, good variety of items.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Last week thrifting finds

  This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops.  One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights . Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting. Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous. Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze. Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs . Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop.  Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor. ...