I found a new favorite charity shop


 I went to Claregalway about a year ago and I found charity shops there that I quite liked. It turns out that they have now closed and reopened rejuvenated in new premises with new name Anam Croi Charity Shop. Shop is for supporting local area Day Care Centre. I really liked that shop. It is about hour drive though, but worth it. I got 2 tops and 2 dresses from there, plus 2 necklaces and coconut shell bowl from there. I decided to do a separate post about clothing. Rest of the items are from my other favorite Ennis honey hole Clare Haven Charity shop. 

Around the world in 80 Gardens Book

I've seen couple of episodes of this BBC series and I am gardens fan anyway so this purchase was no brainer. It is good reference book for planning a trip around it. 
Usually when I think back to my travels, the highlight that always stand out is some Castle, manor, period house visit and gardens.












Abalone and MP decorated coconut shell bowl

I am abalone and mother of pearl fan. This is beauty infused into natural object. It had a label on it of Vietnamese export. 
This bowl has BOHO written all over it and is beautiful. I love it.












Gold tone metal necklace

As I mentioned I bought some dresses and one of them is green, so I looked around the shop if anything can go with it and there was this necklace that fits. In addition it is a good quality costume jewelry. I am thinking of dressing up and take some photos for next blog just for the fun of it.





                                                                                
Set of 4 blue art glasses

These glasses...I saw them actually week before during my last visit to the shop and I left them behind. Second time around was a charm...because look at the color! They have some imperfections on the rip ( not sharp edge or anything just like a wonky a bit )which makes me think that these are not factory produce. They have bubbles inside like art glass would. Could it be that some glass artist donated them because these little flaws? I dont mind. I love them! Look how the outline of glass has this purple color. 


English Gardens by Patrick Taylor

This is English Heritage publication book. Again gardens and I already had a look up some gardens from the area I am travelling in April 2024. East Sussex.














Colin Kellam pottery creamer

Charming little creamer, that could be used for anything really. Maybe some gin and tonic, gravy or put flowers in it, or cream.













Gray and blue beaded Y necklace

This was a interesting pick. These beads are heavy, they can be ceramic, natural stone or enamel. Not sure but I can feel quality.

One can surely find goodies on thrift shops!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charity shop haul

Houston Llew

Galway Potters Market 2023