Skip to main content

I found a new favorite charity shop


 I went to Claregalway about a year ago and I found charity shops there that I quite liked. It turns out that they have now closed and reopened rejuvenated in new premises with new name Anam Croi Charity Shop. Shop is for supporting local area Day Care Centre. I really liked that shop. It is about hour drive though, but worth it. I got 2 tops and 2 dresses from there, plus 2 necklaces and coconut shell bowl from there. I decided to do a separate post about clothing. Rest of the items are from my other favorite Ennis honey hole Clare Haven Charity shop. 

Around the world in 80 Gardens Book

I've seen couple of episodes of this BBC series and I am gardens fan anyway so this purchase was no brainer. It is good reference book for planning a trip around it. 
Usually when I think back to my travels, the highlight that always stand out is some Castle, manor, period house visit and gardens.












Abalone and MP decorated coconut shell bowl

I am abalone and mother of pearl fan. This is beauty infused into natural object. It had a label on it of Vietnamese export. 
This bowl has BOHO written all over it and is beautiful. I love it.












Gold tone metal necklace

As I mentioned I bought some dresses and one of them is green, so I looked around the shop if anything can go with it and there was this necklace that fits. In addition it is a good quality costume jewelry. I am thinking of dressing up and take some photos for next blog just for the fun of it.





                                                                                
Set of 4 blue art glasses

These glasses...I saw them actually week before during my last visit to the shop and I left them behind. Second time around was a charm...because look at the color! They have some imperfections on the rip ( not sharp edge or anything just like a wonky a bit )which makes me think that these are not factory produce. They have bubbles inside like art glass would. Could it be that some glass artist donated them because these little flaws? I dont mind. I love them! Look how the outline of glass has this purple color. 


English Gardens by Patrick Taylor

This is English Heritage publication book. Again gardens and I already had a look up some gardens from the area I am travelling in April 2024. East Sussex.














Colin Kellam pottery creamer

Charming little creamer, that could be used for anything really. Maybe some gin and tonic, gravy or put flowers in it, or cream.













Gray and blue beaded Y necklace

This was a interesting pick. These beads are heavy, they can be ceramic, natural stone or enamel. Not sure but I can feel quality.

One can surely find goodies on thrift shops!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Last week thrifting finds

  This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops.  One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights . Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting. Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous. Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze. Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs . Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop.  Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor. ...