Skip to main content

In highlight "Victorian Style" coffee table book


 Again looking at the photo...does it seem to me or it is happening that my hauls turn out to be color coordinated? I swear, it just happens.

Here I have items picked up from two charity shops.











I love this coffee table book of Victorian Style by Judith & Martin Miller, Photography by James Merrell. 

It covers all aspects of Victorian Style, architecture, interior, furniture, textile, china, glass, silver. Beautiful photos. I will spend many happy hours browsing and reading this one.

Other aspect of buying used books is that you may find something from previous owners in between it pages. 

Inside this book I found printed letter reading:

"The Eurovision would like to say a big Thank You Gemma for putting in effort and hard work into this years show Eurovision 2000". It is dated 26.08.2000 and signed by Flynn. 

How intriguing is that!?

Two necklaces

One long necklace has nice porcelain or ceramic blue and white beads, some lilac tones there and decorated with flowers. 


This one is interesting as it has a tag that is signed "Axelle Creation" on it. It is on multistrand leather cords and then the drop has these beautiful glass and enamel stations. 

Google'ing seem to indicate that these are artisan crafted jewelry from France. It definitely feels quality peace.





I could resist picking these PIP Studio mugs.

https://www.pipstudio.com/about-pip-studio

I love the color and patterns. I decided that I get rid of boring beige mugs that I have from Landlord in my rental apartment and replace them with these and some others I might come by in the future. I been living in this rental for 12y now. I am sure landlord does not even remember what kind of kitchenware he had. When I move out I leave them, they cost only 4 EUR.



Spring is almost here and summer is coming and I am planning to do a lot of hiking, this thermos bottle will come handy...it also cost me only 4 EUR. Was sold on Amazon for 24 EUR

Bargain for sure.








Monsoon Accesorize throw

Large, soft, beautiful colors, 5 EUR. Fab! Nothing wrong with it. Beautiful throw. Does not seem to be in stock anymore.

https://www.monsoon.co.uk/bazaar/home/homeware-accessories/


It really pays off to go "treasure hunting"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Thrifting and finding some fabulous items

  Here are my this week findings.  Childrens Book: "Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide to The Fantastical World Around you". I have only heard about this book series but it is after my childhood. I fell for the illustrations...as soon I opened the book to browse my jaw dropped. That's how beautiful it is. The book writer is Holly Black and illustrator Tony DiTerlizzi.  https://blackholly.com/   https://diterlizzi.com/ https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/277187.Arthur_Spiderwick_s_Field_Guide_to_the_Fantastical_World_Around_You This book is designed so beautifully, some pages can be unfolded to bigger format pictures...it describes fantastic creatures and the illustrations of them are amazing. What a fabulous find with 3 EURs.  I am thinking to watch The Spiderwick Chronicles movie now...and as I looked into it there is also TV series that I was not aware. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16026032/?ref_=fn_all_ttl_2 Then I came across this Atlas of Wine.  It is abo...