Skip to main content

Why to spend more when you can spend less

 

Here is the latest clothing I have picked up thrifting.

Finding these and many more brand new with labels or with small ware clothing from charity shops has made me thinking that why should I go to shops and pay more for clothing when I can have fun "treasure hunting" and spend less. I think I've done buying from department stores or brand shops. Of course, I most likely need to go and buy when sudden need of something and under ware of course...but anything else, I've been able to find from charity shops.

I was thinking to show me wearing these - but no, I tried and just struggled to take pictures of myself in front of the mirror. 

Here they are in their full glory, without me ruining their fame moment, hahahaa.



Top by SHEIN

I was drawn to this top for the colorful boho pattern and unusual cut. It goes overhead but it has this wrap effect on front giving it a little bit of oriental kimono vibe. And as you can see it is longer on the back. Goes very well with jeans.

I looked up SHEIN and they are online based providers with great slogan " Making the Beauty of Fashion Accessible to all"

Here is link to their website :

https://eur.shein.com/About-US-a-117.html



This top/dress/cardigan has makers label KOKORO on it.

First what draw me to it was the feel when I touched the fabric. Silky softness. Oddly there is no label with what fabric it is made of or how to care for it. It is floaty, unusual cut and good fabric. When google'ing I came across two options. It is eather by Dublin based Kokoro Zenware or Kokoro London. The Dublin based is most likely. If so, I am very lucky indeed because the new clothing they are selling are 3 digits (100s).
Wow! I like that! I could never afford to buy it brand new. 

Kokoro 心 is a Japanese word for “your heart, your soul, your spirit”


This is Paco Boutique dress that I picked. It has dark green moss color and is in thick fabric with gold thread throughout. I see Paco Boutique quite a lot in thrift stores so I am guessing it must be this :

https://paco.ie/pages/about-us

It is Irish founded clothing retailer.

This dress is well made and looks better when wearing than on the picture here. I have a theater evening coming up where I am planning to wear it and in the same time...it is not too over top dress, it can be worn any time. I don't like to restrict clothing for evening, day, office or what ever. Everyone should wear they clothes when ever they feel like it.




Esmara dress

I loved the dark blue and yellow contrast on this fabric. I have bright yellow thick fashion tights and I thought they go well together.

Esmara is a Lidl clothing brand with collaboration with Heidi Klum. Here is intersting article in Vogue


Taking this blog entry to an end, I ask myself:
"Why to spend more when you can spend less?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Last week thrifting finds

  This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops.  One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights . Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting. Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous. Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze. Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs . Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop.  Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor. ...