Skip to main content

My most expensive Charity Shop purchase, bargain galore

 

I spent about 70 EUR this time in Charity Shop.

What you think, what was so expensive?



Of course, when I see pottery...I have to grab it. This is tallest ceramic candle holder I ever seen. Very nice teal glaze and decorative stripe is left unglazed. Quality. There is sticker with makers name Marianne Klopp Pottery on it. She is born in Germany and found her home now here in Ireland. 

https://www.theopenwindowgallery.com/marianne-klopp

When purchased, this candle holder must have cost over 50 EUR for sure.




Velvety skirt. 

Gorgeous color, A line, inner lining and the textile feels silky velvety a bit like suede. Oddly there is no makers tag...only written that it is French textile.

For some reason I have only two skirts in my garderobe, so this is welcome addition.







Softwaves shoes

Score! I am pretty sure that these shoes were on the shop for people try-ons and then donated. You can also still see reduced price tag inside 130 EUR, I wonder what was the full price then? Looking at their website...the prices are high. I never ever bought myself shoes that expensive.

For these I paid 8 EUR in charity shop. 😃 I have a big smile in my face. These are very comfy. Wow! I am planning to use different color laces to even more hype them up.

https://www.softwavesshop.com/


Again, I cant resist a good quality coffee table book and this one
is National Geographic " Africa" , wonderful photos by Michael S Lewis and stories about African tribes, life and culture. 

It cost 50 USD when new, got it for 2 EUR.










Here is the big spend "Aran Crafts" knit pocket vest/shawl.

It has also long panel to cover back...almost like sweater but it is open from the sides. 100% Merino Wool and it still has its tags on. Brand new.

Paid 40 EUR. Looking Aran Crafts website, it costs 80 EUR

I still think but it was tad expensive considering it was sold at charity shop but I'm fine...money goes to a good cause, hopefully.

https://arancrafts.com/about-us-2/



                                                                

Yankee Candle "Midsummer's Night" reed diffuser.

It is always good to have great spa scent at home.

All this stuff I got again from my honey hole shop.
Its wonderful 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Last week thrifting finds

  This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops.  One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights . Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting. Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous. Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze. Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs . Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop.  Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor. ...