Skip to main content

Lina Macijauskiene " Girl " 2024

 

I present to you: "Girl" 2024. Black ceramic and glazed by Lina Macijauskiene from Klaipeda, Lithuania.

As soon as I saw it in Etsy, I loved it. I was keeping my eye on it and recently just could not help myself and bought it. The photo does not do it justice. It looks amazing in my living room in different daylight or even lamplight. Looking at it gives me great pleasure indeed. When I was a little girl...I loved chewing gum - once I tried to chew whole pack of chewing gum 😂 It was tough job...maybe my jaws hurt after. I am sure that I could not chew that for very long... 

Here what she wrote about her "Girl": 

This Girl is made of black clay. I used engobes to heal the pain, they were burned to 1050°C
The girl has a glass bubble, which is firmly glued with epoxy glue
Sculpture Height aprox 27 cm,
width -8cm
depth-7cm

All creations are handmade by me, sculpted from ceramic or porcelaine clay, glazed and fired to 1050°C.

I wondered what the engobe means...here what Google says:

Engobe is a ceramic slip or primer that is used for decorating ceramic pieces. It is a mixture of clay and water that also contains deflocculants and fluxes, which make it more liquid and lower its melting point. Engobe may vary in color and properties depending on its composition. Engobe was created by the Romans from natural raw materials.

Here is what she writes about herself:

My life is all about creating beautiful things

Welcome to my Etsy shop from Lithuania! I passionate about creating
dolls, jewelry, ceramic mini sculptures, and ceramic boxes.
I created my mini sculptures and ceramic
boxes,that can be displayed as
decorative art or used for practical purposes. Each sculpture and box
is meticulously crafted, showcasing my attention to detail
Whether you're looking for a unique gift or a special treat for yourself, I hope you find something that speaks to your heart in my shop.


Here is link to her shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CeramicMartArt?ref=shop-header-name&listing_id=1516661063


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Last week thrifting finds

  This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops.  One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights . Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting. Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous. Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze. Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs . Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop.  Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor. ...