Skip to main content

Three original art finds in one weekend. Stars aligned.

I still in disbelief that I found three original art pieces last weekend. You can go to charity shops for months and all there is in art section are prints. Rest of the items in photo I picked up in different charity shops in the middle of this week.


 



Look at these! Jaguar painting is done with oil pastels and Tiger is a linocut print. 

A lot of effort has been put to both of these and they have been mounted same way and also signed on the back. Handwriting is same on both. Although signature on on both of the artworks is under the sticky tape that holds mount in place...tried to remove it but it starts to rip into the paper of artwork. I think I only deciphered first name of the artist. Emily. Sadly I cant read out what the artist last name is. 

But they are both so good! I am over the moon.







This is ink and watercolor painting by Joe O'Reilly, depicting Ephesus Library in Turkey and signed 1998.

I am almost 100% that its original. When to zoom into the picture...pixels are not coming up, its all clear ink lines and watercolor paint. Also I tried to peek under the frame and I could see paper...it is watercolor paper.

I found Joe O'Reilly on Facebook. He is as I am. He is an art lover and does art himself. So am I. This is a fabulous artwork. Subject matter as ancient archaeological site is so from my alley...I wish I could visit one day. Clearly it has made impression to him as well. I wonder if he went there?





This jewelry cabinet has a very good quality to it. Lovely etching on the glass windows. Good veneer and hardware. It has sticker underneath that reads Styled by MELE. Made in China. Look into internet and I think I found the company. Actually interesting history. 



I have jewelry all over the place...so time to get organized. 









I picked up this shawl because I loved these cute tiny birds. In addition it still had it tag...so brand new, unused. 

Tag reads Up and Ready essentials. I could not find anything on the internet so this most likely is product line for some department store.






Then I found this small table easel. Good to show artwork on or make artwork. Always useful.



I am still so "high" from my art finds 😌😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Last week thrifting finds

  This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops.  One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights . Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting. Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous. Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze. Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs . Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop.  Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor. ...