Skip to main content

Thrifting fun looking objects

 

I spent last weekend in Co.Waterford and it turned out visiting more art galleries than charity shops. But I did pop in few and here is a haul. I did purchased some items from art glleries but I will share my art collection on separate posts.


Green enamel pendant necklace.

I like abstract jewelry. This one is large and in lovely muted green color having some patches of lighter green color and decorative rhinestones. It reminds me the waterlily leaf. White stones being water drops? Maybe. The chain necklace has good long length.





Laquered hand painted wood or paper machet bangle. 

I have a small collection of these and when ever I see one I pick them up. They give good nice boho impact when wearing them with any outfit and they are very decorative when stacked up on dressing table or anywhere really. They usually are eather Indian or Russian origin.




Adare Stone picture frame. Stone is coming also from mother earth same as clay does so I am also drawn to texture of stone. This is great picture frame that I found and I am yet to find pictures to frame. 


I cant find anything about this product in internet but I think it must be stonemason made for home decor shop.





Glass plate with Tarot card picture.


I am not into suspicious thing or any kind of future prediction readings but I have always liked the artistry on playing or tarot cards. This is fun picture and decorative in interior serving something from or just displaying. I looked if the light shines through as from vitrage but it does not. It is matted from other side.

But if to believe to Tarot card readings...then I had to pick it from charity shop. Right? Because it came to me. 😆 Joy, positivity, happiness.








"Essentially Irish" by Josephine Ryans


Its about variety of Irelands beautiful designed interiors.
Of course I picked it up.

Quick look in Goodreads and Ryans has also written Essentially French book among others. See link below.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13155736-essentially-irish





Fun cat head salt and pepper by Candice Reiter?

Not sure if these are from Catzilla Studio and by Candice Reiter or not...they are not signed. There are many listed on EBay but...people are just copying other people info and if the info is not right from the beginning...

https://www.catzillastudios.net/

But I liked these, they made me smile, so had to take them.

There will be other blog post coming in next week...then I will take pics of my ever growing Doirin Saurus collection that I just bought addition from art gallery last week.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Last week thrifting finds

  This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops.  One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights . Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting. Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous. Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze. Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs . Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop.  Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor. ...