Skip to main content

Thrifting star find Mary Southard vase

 

Lovely haul from the weekend.



I found this old original oil painting that charmed me. It is really old based on the back as I think it is painted on board and the frame is old and secured with nails. I love this naive scene of children at the mill wheel. I can imagine someone spending their time painting it...and Id say its from 1900s.






Lovely boho bangle on brass and colorful chips on the black back round. Wearable with anything really.







Another boho vibe candle holder from Safi, Morocco.

It is known region for pottery for centuries.

I found this interesting video on YouTube

https://youtu.be/X5c67TSKnzA?si=KMDhX7JSVDT_9i7L







I have a quite collection of Interior Design books by now. But I so enjoy to browse them so I keep picking them. I still have little more space for them...but soon I need to start listing them on Ebay.

This one is by Carol Meredith

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10245253-room-by-room





                                                                    


The Star find: Mary Southard signed vase.

It is just so appealing to me in its simplicity but she is a beauty. Her back has long scarf falling to bottom rim and she will be hugging the flowers I will add into the vase.

I looked up Mary Southard (there is plenty in Google Images) and seen her doing even life size sculptures not to mention paintings.

What a talented lady! What a find!

https://ministryofthearts.org/artists/mary-southard/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Last week thrifting finds

  This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops.  One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights . Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting. Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous. Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze. Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs . Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop.  Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor. ...