Skip to main content

Successful thrifting week - Silk, ceramics, wood etc


 



Underneath of all finds on main photo I have this tablecloth or maybe it is even bead spread...who knows.
Its thick and good quality and has elephants on it...Indian?
I think the thread might even be silk? There is no label and I am no textile specialist but it looks and feels fabulous. 
Stunning find.













This is fabulous red candle holder. It has carved eagles or cranes carved on the sides. It has also incised makers mark "Taelstone 1999 C " I could not find any info about but it or maker but looks beautiful quality to me and is heavy to hold one long candle and not fall over.












Handmade turned and carved mango wood jar.
Very nice indeed, to store anything inside really.










100% silk scarf by Tie Rack. Hand turned and stitched edge tell the quality oh it and I love its colors. The silk items ( like ties and scarfs ) were made in Italy.  
Company is currently for sale.







I could not resist this grumpy looking Santa. It is hand painted on porcelain for Blarney Collection.

I think that Blarney Castle Gift Shop now doubt makes collaborations with different producers and artists to stock their shop. This must have been a order for Christmas.




                                                                                
Then I found still with tags never worn this textile and leather crossbody purse. 

Roxy is a sporting goods brand founded in 1990 by Maritxu Darrigand. It has evolved to promoting and producing sustainable products for active women.

I was proud to find Kelly Sildaru being a Roxy girl under their winter / ski Snow team.






This is a wonderful bowl by Ballymorris pottery. It is only 15min drive away from where I live so I was thrilled to find it at charity shop for the fraction of price. There is no chips, cracks and it is fabulous very typical of Ballymorris Hannah Arnup style piece.

https://ballymorrispottery.ie/about-us/

I love the fabulous variety of the items I found last week from different charity shops.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Last week thrifting finds

  This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops.  One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights . Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting. Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous. Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze. Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs . Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop.  Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor. ...