Skip to main content

Thrifting - James Joyce print, art photography, Wedgwood

 




It is odd how my "honey hole" shop almost never disappoints. I got this extra large shopping bag. There is no labels of any sort but its large, strong and good looking for my thrifting. All items I bought that day fit right in and there was room for more.






                                                                                


Cool looking and signed print of James Joyce. Print is in pop art style and you would not be surprised to find this as a street art peace. I think it is pretty iconic representation of loved Irish novelist and poet.

The print is pencil signed but hard to read. I did look around internet and found it to be by John Rooney.


I also found a good documentary about James Joyce

Great find.




I found two good large size shawls. I sometimes layer my table setting with shawls...these are great quality. And of course are great to use as shawls...tis is the season.







These two pictures are real large photos...well at least they are printed on photo paper, had a look.
They also have a sticker on the back of frame saying them to be by Robin Grace Photography. The website indicated on the sticker no longer seem to exist. I could not find more about Robin on the internet...
There was 6 of them at the charity shop but I was drawn to these two. 
These two are mor abstract artsy looking, others were Asian looking people photographed in Asian countries I think.




Found this artsy splashy colorful brass bangle. Could be Indian origin.











Wedgewood ashtray. Wedgewood is timeless and is and will be loved art pieces to decorate with.
Can be used as teabag holder or catching your rings in bathroom...etc.

I saw a Great Pottery Throwdown episode where participants were introduced to Wedgewood techniques and challenged to create some...not an easy task. Very intricate workmanship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Last week thrifting finds

  This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops.  One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights . Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting. Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous. Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze. Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs . Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop.  Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor. ...