Skip to main content

Thrifting humankind icons Jimi Hendrix, William Shakespeare

 


"Do buy or not to buy" I asked myself multiple times when

 spotted this Belleek Shakespeare bust. It was most likely the most expensive item in whole charity shop.

I decided to: Buy!

The stamp beneath dates it to 1980-1993.

Vintage and in very good condition. No discoloration, chips or cracks. 

https://www.belleek.com/pages/date-your-belleek

https://www.belleek.com/pages/about-us

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shakespeare



Star by Julien Macdonald gin glasses.
Just looking at them assures that these are quality glasses. Super lovely pink color on them.

Sadly Pandemic got Julien Macdonalds firm:







                                                                                

This small quirky smiling leopard charmed me...I already have one small ceramic critter coming to work with me in my laptop bag...he has a companion now. 
This leopard is signed below Trzask Ceramics that turns out to be a family business in Warsaw, Poland.

Good to learn about this pottery.





Another pottery piece remains mystery. There is no markins on it and is most likely someone project but I think their glazing turned out fab...I love this muted pink and green glaze combo.

That bowl has "je ne sais quoi" 







I have seen this image of Jimi Hendrix on the internet in the past but when it stairs at you in real life and it being this big format.
This is striking picture and now I learned that this is by Chris Burns.



What a talented artist. The details on it are amazing, specially comes clear with this kind of large scale print.









Picked up three necklaces, this one being cute crab that has aurora borealis rhinestones. Its so cute...had smile in my face.









                                                                                



This one is costume jewelry necklace with plastic beads imitating I believe chinese "Peking glass" or cinnabar beads. 










Better quality heavy enamel beads bracelet, goes well with above necklace and looks fabulous.










                                                                            
This print just charmed me with rocking horses.
It is numbered and signed but I cant read out the artist name. Work is called " Rock on".


Well, that concluded my two weeks pickings from different charity shops.

I actually forgot to include one thing...but I leave for next time.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Last week thrifting finds

  This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops.  One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights . Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting. Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous. Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze. Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs . Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop.  Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor. ...