Skip to main content

Thrifting - 2 epic finds Alessi Coffee press and amazing velvet blazer

 

In this post I show my recent 2 thrifting finds that I consider Epic. But I leave them for last.


This is a set of three candles that has been donated most likely because of its damaged box. It was originally sold at Meadows and Burns that is quality lifestyle and home goods retailer. Set is named coastline and the aroma is more to the freshly washed linen smell than sea smell. It is good, not overpowering fragrance.

https://www.meadowsandbyrne.com/blog/




 It looks like I was a in a smell sensory mood while shopping because I also grabbed this Ashleigh and Burwood London Oriental Spice diffuser.

My home is smelling gooooood 😀

https://ashleigh-burwood.co.uk/pages/our-story





How could I not buy this book when it has such a colorful and eclectic style represented. There are also needlepoint patterns inside. I doubt that I would try to do something so big myself. Still, this book inspires me and Kaffee Fassett himself is personality to behold. 

I love anything embroidered and textile and handmade.

Very cool.

https://www.kaffefassett.com/

                       




I broke my coffee press ( no regrets as I knew that meant I can go hunting 😉). And whenever I went to charity shop I kept my eyes specially peeled for it. When I found this one...I almost left it behind...because it was dirty and sticky...really yaki. I almost put it back...but then I noticed the writing on the glass " Alessi". Ding-ding-ding. I took this sticky press and later after thorough cleaning sat behind the computer. 

This is Michael Graves Design coffee press for Alessi.

I consider this as Epic find.

https://michaelgraves.com/product/alessi/

 


Second Epic find is this Hucke Berlin blazer. It is not epic due to its value. I consider it Epic because I love it so.

It is the softest velvet you ever touched and the color - Amazing!

Event the buttons are amazing. 

I absolutely love it.

I cant find a lot about this brand. Could it be victim of Covid?

https://www.biberna.de/de/marken/hucke-berlin/



      Of course my thrifting addiction is fueled now. It feels so good to find something that you really love with bargain prices.                                                  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrifting some famous names: Wright, Akerman, Bodum

  This haul consist of multiple thrifting days items. I was drawn to this picture because of it color combination and graphical look quality.  It's print of Richard Akerman work "Tva vilstolar" / Two Deck Chairs". Printed in Karlstad, Sweden by Pictura Graphics AB. This work is from 1980s and very groovy. https://marcusakerman.com/about-marcus-akerman/richard-akerman/ This Bodum French coffee press is cool designer looking so I had to crab it. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/ Bodum story is also interesting. https://www.bodum.com/ie/en/about   This coffee table book looked interesting to me. Covering famous American people and companies who have made name to themselves. Widens my knowledge, I am sure I find something there that I don't know about. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1550721.America_s_Elite_1000 Another book of famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright by Diane Maddex. Its mainly about tips from famous architect on subject how to make small spaces ...

Thrifting Banksy, jewelry, Hilfiger, diffuser, Masai Copenhagen

  I had "guns blazing"  fun with thrifting last week.  This Tommy Hilfiger pouch bag fits under arm perfectly and is brand new. Does not seem to be never warn. I can see how this design is influenced by Louis Vuitton. Textile with initials but then having Hilfigers iconic blue and red stripe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Hilfiger   These are two costume jewelry pieces that I picked up. The earrings are interesting to me because these are like very thin mesh tubes that have tiny crystals in them. The ring is no doubt a statement piece. I think its the largest ring I ever had. This Banksy's street art depiction was fun find. What makes it extra interesting is that it is print on the glass not paper. In my opinion it brings it to high quality level. The frame works so well too with it. If I am not mistaken it us by this company: https://artdesigna.co.uk/collections/banksy?srsltid=AfmBOoq87xvnEg0hTFx2oSGZ5K7P0KKfTiejFdm1WVP9zpmkiTyPVWXD Panda with Guns originally ...

Last week thrifting finds

  This is a compilation of items I picked last week from different charity shops.  One thing I always looking out and picking from charity shops is colored tights . Why pay about 8 EUR in department store when you get them from charity for 2EUR. For me they are perfect to make any outfit more interesting. Look at that color and pattern. Its fabulous. Wonderful oversized pottery mug or bowl. It is not signed and it is heavy to lift. I think it is someone's handmade project. That is what I like about it. I served a salad from it and it brought instant artsiness to the table. Bonus is its lime green inside and dark green outside glaze. Then I found these Casa Decor drawer knobs . Very good quality. Currently I have bed side tables with boring wooden knobs. I  think I need to do a makeover, to paint my side tables with new exciting color and use these knobs. I think knobs require darker color to make them pop.  Searched them up from internet. Quality Indian home decor. ...